Friday, July 20, 2018

Shady? How Shady, Very Shady.




I have been in and out of Shady Grove Hospital four times in two weeks.

As a diabetic (type 1) I am very familiar with hospitals and residential care facilities. So when I have a physical problem with diabetes, this can lead to schizophrenia, and then you get both at once. It is very important that the medical problem be dealt with first, treating the schizophrenia instead of dealing with the medical problem, could, and in fact did, put me in life-threatening situations.

Every few years I get into a situation where my blood sugar gets very high, and no amount of insulin will bring it down, then after a few days, all the insulin hits at once, and I go into a potentially fatal crisis. So I checked into my nearest hospital, so that I would have the crisis in a situation where immediate medical attention is available.

So, imagine my distress when my friends, no doubt believing they were operating in my best interests, but lying to Doctors, so that I can be admitted to a psych ward is an incredibly dangerous tactic, and would have, of course been vetoed by me, if my friends had thought to discuss the matter with me before employing the bizarre, dangerous and extremely unpleasant tactic.

So I check into the hospital, by ambulance this time, and I start to receive some medical attention, until Louise called and told the doctor I was threatening to kill people on my blog. You are reading my blog, so you can easily check what is written there, the doctor did not check my blog, and put me out of the hospital. So I had another crisis, at home, where no medical attention is available. I checked back into the hospital (see Some Idiot pretending to be a doctor).

Cast out again, and with several hours of walking in hot, muggy weather. The end result of that trip, followed by another health crisis, again outside the hospital.

My friends insist that I go back to the hospital immediately. But this time, while I am being examined in A&E, my friends pile on the lies, to make sure that I get on the psych ward, because they don’t realize you get mental health care OR medical care, but not both. The psych ward people don’t listen to what the patients say (they are regarded as non- rational, and so ignored). This put me in great danger, and also removed my phone. As a result I came as close to death as I have ever been, and that is a lot closer than most people would survive. I am a bit more mentally agile than most people, and even so…



No comments:

Post a Comment